Monday, May 11, 2015

Preschool Dance Party

At one of my branches, the regular storytime day is Monday. We miss several storytimes because of bank holidays. Last fall I decided to make up for this by hosting a couple of special events on Friday mornings. A preschool dance party was something I wanted to try ever since I saw Lisa's posts about hers. I also took inspiration from Sarah, Lindsey, and Kendra.

I poured over their posts and set about creating my own preschool dance party. Mine was only 30 minutes long and I didn't use props (scarves, shakers, parachute) as I don't currently have any.



Here's my Playlist:
  1. "The Wheels on the Bus" - Pete the Cat version (from a Youtube video)
  2. "Finger on Your Head" - Michael & Jello (Monkey See Monkey Do)
  3. "Come Dancing with Me" - Mr. Eric & Mr. Michael" (Perfectly Purple)
  4.  "Wiggle Your Lah-De-Dah" - Ralph's World (All ARound Ralph's World)
  5. "Happy" - Pharrell Williams (G I R L)
  6. "The Goldfish" - Laurie Berkner Band (Victor Vito)
  7. "I Saw Her Standing There" - The Beatles (Meet the Beatles!)
  8. "Bumping Up & Down" - Raffi (Singable Songs for the Very Young)
  9. "We Are the Dinosaurs" - Laurie Berkner Band (Whaddaya Think of THat?)
  10. "The Monkey Dance" - The Wiggles (Yummy Yummy)
  11. "We Will Stomp" - Mr. Eric & Mr. Michael (Tummy Yellow)
  12. "Alligator Stroll" - Josh Turner (Sandra Boynton's Frog Trouble)
  13. "The Way We Do It" - Greg & Steve (Kids in Action)
  14. "Alligator Stomp" - Anna Moo (Anna Moo Crackers)
  15. "The Number Dance" - Mr. Eric & Mr. Michael (Rockin' Red)
I had 23 kids and 20 adults show up for my first ever preschool dance party. Everyone seemed to have a good time.

Lesson Learned: Even though I thought I had a good mix of fast and slow songs, I was so wrong. I needed a few more slow numbers to balance out all the fast ones. I look forward to doing this again. I'll probably change up my playlist.

No comments: