Friday, February 6, 2015

Flannel Friday Roundup for February 6, 2015




Here Comes Warmer Weather: Several of this week's contributions had me thinking of spring and summer!
First up is Sue's Fish (part of her Felts3Ways series). One felt set can be adapted for babies, toddlers, and preschoolers. I actually used my version  for my "S is for..." storytime this week. Just in case you missed the first Felts3Ways, find the ducks here.

Kathryn is tired of winter and dreaming of summer with a couple of beach themed felt sets: sandcastles (inspired by Katie at Storytime Secrets) and Little Whale, Little Whale (a beachy version of Little Mouse).

Baby it's cold outside! 
Sarah shares a Queen Elsa version of a popular storytime rhyme/song. 

Not Felt: A couple of contributions this week that are not felt sets. 
Sue's back! This time she's talking about her library's Story Walk.

I'm sharing my favorite party (game) prop this week: a box with a hole.

Based on a Book
Welcome to a Flannel Friday first-timer (and new blogger), Rebecca of Singin' in the Stacks! She's sharing a version of "I Know an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly."

Jane returns with her third post all about everyone's favorite bird, Mo Willems' Pigeon

'Tis the Season...for football and love! 
Emily was in a Super Bowl mood and created footballs and helmets.

Mallory is ready for Valentine's Day with her Valentine Cookies.

I am wowed (and inspired). Thank you! 
Lindsey (of Jbrary fame) brings us a roundup of Little Louse, Little Mouse renditions. I don't have a Little Mouse set (GASP! I know, I know. I'll get around to it sometime), but I do hide a duck quite frequently behind various things. And I have made a version of Clifford, Clifford. Love the ideas that Lindsey shares throughout the post and at the end. Makes me want to consult my rhyming dictionary. Just because, I'd like to share the past Flannel Friday contribution that inspired me as much as the Little Mouse Renditions: Lisa's (Fill-in-the-Blank)'s Colorful Day.

Thank you for reading and contributing. I think this has been a wonderful week for Flannel Friday and we (youth services/children's librarians) are finally pulling ourselves out of the winter blahs.

Kelly is hosting the roundup next week on February 13.

Important Links:
Flannel Friday Blog
Flannel Friday on Pinterest
Flannel Friday on Facebook

Follow Flannel Friday on Twitter with the hashtag #flannelstorytime.
Our January/February Flannel Friday Fairy Godmother is Sharon

No comments: