Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Have You Seen My New Blue Socks? by Eve Bunting

Duck has lost his new blue socks. Have you seen them?

What I thought: I really like this story. We have a problem to be solved. That's a great set-up. I like the rhyming...it's like a tribute to Dr. Seuss, but manageable.  The illustrations are nice--muted colors and good use of white space.

Since writing the above, I've used this book in storytime (duck theme) and I loved it! I think next year instead of doing a Dr. Seuss storytime, I'll do a rhyming storytime in honor of him and use Have You Seen My New Blue Socks?

What is it with ducks & socks? Pair with Duck Sock Hop for a duck-tastic, sock-tastic storytime. Pair with I Want My Hat Back for a lost & found storytime.

Mollie over at What Happens in Storytime... has turned this book into a flannel board. I think I might follow suit.

Storytime Themes: Animals, Ducks, Socks, Lost & Found, Rhyming

(Illus. Sergio Ruzzier. Clarion, 2013)

No comments: