Here's a breakdown of my summer:
- 49 community preschool storytimes
- 39 community school age events
- 3 teen events (Mad Hatter Tea Party, Movie Night, Hobbit Party)
- 4 Peter Rabbit Parties
- 3 Alice in Wonderland Events
- 2 shows by a paid performer
- 15 movies
- 9 day camp preschool storytimes
- 51 day camp school age events
It was a very busy summer to be sure. Let's talk statistics. Community event attendance increased by 101% from 2012. Registration for the reading contest increased while completion decreased. Special children's events had mixed attendance.
I have a few changes in mind for next year. We'll go back to counting books and kids can sign up for the contest throughout the summer. No special events next summer. I think the Alice event this year would have done much better as a weekly theme. Next year the program will be 9 weeks long--8 weeks of programs with the 9th week for certificates, goodie bags, and grand prize drawing.