Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Squid & Octopus: Friends for Always by Tao Nyeu

The friends Squid and Octopus appear in 4 stories (The Quarrel, The Dream, The Hat, & The Fortune Cookie) and prove that it is possible to be friends for always.

What I thought: Like Bunny Days, this book features four individual stories. I like Squid and Octopus very much. I love that Squid knits hats (though crochet would be nice!). The illustrations are lovely. I like the colors Nyeu chose--definite ocean feel with a retro touch. My favorite illustrations are tea party and true friend (last page). I'm not sure how this book will work for story time. The illustrations have a lot of detail that the kids probably won't catch just having the book read to them. I'll let you know.

Story Time Themes: Friendship, Ocean

(Dial, 2012)

No comments: