Thursday, February 28, 2013

Wish You Were Eyre by Heather Vogel Frederick

The Mother-Daughter Book Club #6 (Last book of the series)

A foreign exchange student and trips abroad add excitement to the lives of the members of the Mother-Daughter Book Club. This time around they're reading Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë.

What I thought: As sad as I am to see this series end, Wish You Were Eyre was a solid book. It was definitely Meg and Becca's book though the others get their usual time. My favorite part is the Wyoming penpals' visit.

This series lends itself easily to a reading challenge. Here is the Mother-Daughter Book Club Reading Challenge:
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery
Daddy-Long-Legs by Jean Webster
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Betsy-Tacy series by Maud Hart Lovelace
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë

The only one I haven't read is the Betsy-Tacy series. I guess I'll have to give it a try.

The Mother-Daughter Book Club Series: (links are to my reviews)
The Mother-Daughter Book Club
Much Ado About Anne
Dear Pen Pal
Pies and Prejudice
Home for the Holidays
Wish You Were Eyre

(Simon & Schuster, 2012)

No comments: