Friday, January 4, 2013

#FlannelFriday: Conejito by Margaret Read MacDonald

Over the summer, I bookmarked Mary's (of Miss Mary Liberry) FlannelFriday post about Conejito by Margaret Read MacDonald. I thought it was a great adaption and would work well for the folk tales story time I had planned for the fall.


For the rabbits, lion, and tiger, I used the clipart from Clker.com that Mary recommended. I adapted the lion slightly. I gave him a bigger head like the tiger and free-handed the mane to fit over his head.


I decided to make the fox (which Mary left out to shortened the story) in case I wanted to use the story with older kids. Patterns for the fox, barrel, and fire came from Mircosoft clipart. All the pieces are felt with puff paint details.


I ended up not using this flannel during my folk tales story time because I hadn't learned the story well enough. However, I 'm looking forward to using it in the future.

2 comments:

Miss Tara said...

I did this story with puppets and a huge pretzel barrel covered with yellow masking tape. Your flannel pieces look so much like the illustrations in the book; I love it!

Bridget R. Wilson said...

Thanks, Tara!