Friday, November 11, 2011

You Will Be My Friend! by Peter Brown

Lucy of Children Make Terrible Pets is back. This time her goal is not a pet but a friend. She is certain she can find one friend in the forest. As you can imagine, many of the animals aren't excited about being forced to be friends with Lucy. Lucy tries. She really does, but to no avail.

What I thought: It's nice to see Lucy again. I thought her first book was hilarious. (A side note, I tried to use Children Make Terrible Pets in preschool story time, and it didn't go over well. I think the book needs a slightly older audience.) Lucy's quest for a friend is funny and sweet. I like the illustrations. I'm still a big fan of Brown's color scheme. My favorite illustrations are Lucy on the ostrich, the flamingo, and Lucy and the flamingo.

Story Time Themes: Friendship, Animals (Pair with The Little, Little Girl with the Big, Big Voice by Kristen Balouch)

(Little, Brown, & Company, 2011)

No comments: