Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Square Cat by Elizabeth Schoonmaker

Life as a square cat isn't easy. Eula tips over, can't wear skirts, and mouse holes are beyond her. Eula becomes so dissatisfied with her life that she looses her purr. Her round cat friends Patsy and Maude step in to cheer Eula up and show her that life as a square cat can be quite enjoyable.

What I thought: I really liked this story. The concept is great, the text is simple, and the illustrations are appealing. Square Cat has the makings of a perfect story time book. It teaches a great lessons about friendship and looking on the bright side. I loved the cats' old-fashioned names. I can't pick a favorite illustration. I liked them all.

Story Time Themes: Cats, Friendship

(Aladdin, 2011)

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Thank you, Bridget! Purrrfectly delightful!

Eula sends her best!

Elizabeth Schoonmaker
Square Cat
Aladdin Books, In Stores Now!
www.eulathesquarecat.com
http://eulathesquarecat.blogspot.com/
@Eulasquarecat

Bridget R. Wilson said...

I'm glad you liked my review, Elizabeth. I can't wait to see what you write and illustrate next.