Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Haven by Kristi Cook

Violet has went through life ignoring the premonitions she has. No one ever believes her and she's often labeled a freak. Imagine her surprise when she ends up at Winterhaven School, a boarding school for teens who have psychic gifts. Violet's confusion continues as she finds herself drawn to Aidan. You know the type--can't look away, can't think straight, or speak in their presence. Aidan's psychic abilities are unusual. There's something more there than over development of the mind. As Violet and Aidan grow closer, she discovers secrets about both him and her own self. Can they survive the revelation of secrets?

What I thought: This book gets my vote. I've said it before. I like paranormal, but it has to be different. Haven is certainly different. I won't give anything away here, but wow! I didn't see it coming. Bottom line: an unusual take on the teen paranormal genre and well written. I don't think I need to say more.

Book 2 in the Winterhaven series, Mirage, is scheduled to be published in June 2012.

(Simon Pulse, 2011)

No comments: