Friday, July 8, 2011

The Jellybeans & the Big Camp Kickoff by Laura Numeroff & Nate Evans

It's summer and the Jellybeans (Bitsy, Emily, Anna, & Nicole) are off to camp. The only problem is that the camp doesn't have any activities that interest Nicole. Starting their own soccer team is how the Jellybeans solve Nicole's problem. Will they win in a game against a rival camp?

What I thought: A perfect book for spring and summer. And I've finally caught on...The first book was Emily's, the second was Anna's, and the third is Nicole's. I can't wait to see Bitsy's book. The Jellybeans & the Big Camp Kickoff would pair well with Numeroff's If You Give a Cat a Cupcake. I love how the girls solve their own problems. They are proactive. The illustrations are lovely as always. My favorites are around the campfire and the hug after winning the game.

(Illus. Lynn Munsinger. Abrams, 2011)

No comments: