Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Jellybeans & the Big Dance by Laura Numeroff & Nate Evans

Emily loves to dance and she's excited about her new class. Her fellow dancers are less enthused. Nicole would rather play soccer. Bitsy prefers painting. Anna likes to read. Only after their names (BEAN) unite them do the four girls become friends. They make a splash at their dance recital.

What I thought: A great book about friendship. I love that the girls are individuals. They each have their own likes and dislikes. However, that doesn't keep them from being friends. Munsinger's illustrations are lovely as always. I love that the girls are not only different animals, but they also have their own color schemes as well. My favorite illustrations are before the recital and after the recital. I can't wait to read their next adventure, The Jellybeans & the Big Book Bonanza.

(Illus. Lynn Munsinger. Scholastic, 2008)

No comments: