Friday, February 18, 2011

April & Esme, Tooth Fairies by Bob Graham

April & Esme are descended from a long line of tooth fairies. When April receives her first call at age seven and three quarters, she's ecstatic. Convincing her mom & dad she's old enough takes some doing, but they finally agree. Sisters April & Esme are children no longer. They are tooth fairies.


What I thought: A magical book. I love the illustrations. The characters (April, Esme, Mom, Dad, even the family fairy dog) are so unique and individualistic. My favorite illustrations are Mom in the bathroom, the Underhill house (as April & Esme leave), and Daniel & his dog. I liked the incorporation of modern technology. The call is received via cell phone and the girls text their parents. This is a great book for parents to share with their children. After reading April & Esme, Tooth Fairies, I want to go watch The Tooth Fairy and Toothless.



(Candlewick, 2010)

No comments: