Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Henry in Love by Peter McCarty

Henry has a crush on the prettiest girl at school. By chance, they end up sitting next to each other in class. Henry gives Chloe his blueberry muffin. The rest is history.

What I thought: A charming book. The story is simple and sweet. The illustrations are great--soft and monochromatic. I love how the color pops off the page. The different animals in class remind me of Rosemary Wells' Yoko though the two books have very different illustration styles.

Story Time Theme: Valentine's Day

(Balzer & Bray, 2010)

2 comments:

Brimful Curiosities said...

We haven't had a chance to read this one yet, but I'm waiting for Valentine's Day to roll around again before checking it out.

Bridget R. Wilson said...

It's not strictly a Valentine's Day book, but it does fit the theme very well. I know you & your children will enjoy it.