Saturday, July 31, 2010

Happy 30th Birthday, Harry Potter!

J. K. Rowling's beloved character Harry Potter celebrates his 30th birthday today. This is seven years before we see Harry put his kids on the train for Hogwarts in the epilogue of Deathly Hallows.

I have enjoyed the Harry Potter books for a number of years. As the 1st part of the last film releases on November 19th, I thought it fitting that I re-read the books for the occasion.

Thus, I am pleased to announce my Harry Potter Reading Project. My goal is too read all seven of the Harry Potter Books plus Quidditch through the Ages, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, and The Tales of Beedle the Bard.

Things you can look forward to: memorable moments, favorite quotes and illustrations, the pets, the food, scenes I wish had made the movies, and much more.

Here's my tentative schedule for the project:

...the Sorcerer's Stone- August 3
...the Chamber of Secrets- August 17
...the Prisoner of Azkaban- August 31
...the Goblet of Fire- September 14
...the Order of the Phoenix- September 28
...the Half Blood Prince-October 12
...the Deathly Hallows- October 26
Quidditch Through the Ages- November 9
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them- November 23
The Tales of Beedle the Bard- December 7

I hope all my readers enjoy the Harry Potter Reading Project!

No comments: