Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Happy 144th Birthday, Beatrix Potter!

Beatrix Potter, author of The Tale of Peter Rabbit and 22 other tales, celebrates her 144th birthday today.

In honor of her birthday, I am pleased to announce my Beatrix Potter Reading Project that will begin next week. I plan to read all 23 "little" tales. I liked the format my posts took for my Reading Ramona project so you can expect to see a summary, what I thought, favorite quotes and illustrations, activities and much more. I hope my ideas will lead to a plan for a Beatrix Potter program and perhaps a few story times.

The journey begins with Peter Rabbit on Thursday, August 5.

2 comments:

Brimful Curiosities said...

You should visit the Peter Rabbit website, too. My kids loved making their own Peter Rabbit puppet show video.

Bridget R. Wilson said...

Thanks! I love that website. I'll definitely be featuring it at different intervals in my reading project.