Saturday, July 17, 2010

Eclipse the Movie--My Review

Okay, so I caved and went with my best friend to see Eclipse. I've been over the Twilight Saga for a while, but I still enjoy the movies. However, if Vicky hadn't insisted, I think I could have waited for the DVD release.

First off, less music (with words) than the first two movies. This absence gave Eclipse a quieter, more thoughtful atmosphere.

I also think this one has less screen presence. Not sure why. Maybe because we've already seen the special affects before. My breath doesn't catch when Edward sparkles or Jacob morphs. Speaking of our two leading men, they had less appeal in this movie for me. They both came across as silly, juvenile, and overbearing. If I was Bella, I'd throw them both over.

What's up with the new hair colors for Esme and Jasper? Seemed a little out of place.

Jasper can talk! Such a shocker. In Twilight he barely uttered "pleased to meet you." He talked a little more in New Moon, but not like this. And the Southern Texan drawl. I loved it, but it was a bit startling after his relative silence in the first two movies.

Overall, New Moon is still my favorite movie. I can't wait to see how they deal with all the drama in Breaking Dawn.

No comments: