Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Oh. My. Gods. by Tera Lynn Childs

Childs, Tera Lynn. Oh. My. Gods. New York: Dutton, 2008.

Phoebe has her life planned. She'll get a track scholarship to USC and live happily-ever-after. Then her mother gets married and they move to a small island off the coast of Greece. If that weren't bad enough, the school on the island is for the descendants of the Greek gods. Zeus, Aphrodite, you get the picture. These teens not only have attitude they have powers. Surviving high school takes on a whole new meaning for Phoebe.

What I thought: What a fun book! I think Phoebe deals well with her new situation. I especially liked the twist at the end of the book that I won't give away here. This book will appeal to a variety of readers from Greek mythogogy buffs to girls to guys.

No comments: