Friday, March 20, 2009

Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta

Marchetta, Melina. Jellicoe Road. New York: HarperTeen, 2006.

Taylor Markham assumes the leadership of her school in their yearly battle for territory with the Townies and the Cadets. Her dealings with these 2 groups bring her back into contact with her past. Through her friend's novel manuscript, Taylor discovers the story of 5 teens on Jellicoe Road 18 years ago. The past meets the present as Taylor finds out who she is.

What I thought: This was an intense, intriguing book. I admit that I almost didn't finish it as I was confused for the 1st 30 pages or so. After I sorted out the 2 separate yet connected story lines, I was able to read with more ease. Even now, I'm not sure I understand all that happened in the book.

No comments: