Monday, May 10, 2021

I've Got Eyes! Exceptional Eyes of the Animal World by Julie Murphy


A sequel to I've Got Feet! Fantastical Feet of the Animal World, this book is all about thirteen different animals and how they use their eyes. 

Thoughts: Great nonfiction for the youngest readers! I like the mixture of common and less common animals in the book. After reading the book, I had definitely learned something. My favorite animals in the book are the camel, four-eyed fish, goat. The illustrations are colorful and appealing. My favorite illustrations are the tarsier, chameleon, and camel. 

Pair with This Is My Eye: A New York Story by Neela Vaswani, any of the I Spy books by Edward Gibbs (with My Little Eye, Under the Sea, Pets, on the Farm, in the Sky), The Eye Book by Theo LeSieg, Fish Eyes: A Book You Can Count On by Lois Ehlert, and Eye to Eye: How Animals See the World by Steve Jenkins for an eye themed storytime. 

Pair with any of the following for an animal body parts storytime: What's This Tail Saying? by Carolyn CombsWho Has This Tail? and Who Has These Feet? by Laura HulbertI've Got Feet! Fantastical Feet of the Animal World and I've Got a Tail! Terrific Tails of the Animal World both by Julie Murphy, Creature Features: 25 Animals Explain Why They Look the Way They Do by Steve JenkinsButts are Everywhere by Jonathan Stutzman, Animals Brag about Their Bottoms by Maki Saito, and Chicken Cheeks by Michael Ian Black

Themes: Animals, Eyes, Animal Body Parts 

 (Illustrated by Hannah Tolson. Amicus Ink, 2018.)

No comments: