Monday, October 9, 2023

Wombats Are Pretty Weird: A [Not So] Serious Guide by Abi Cushman


Find out all you could possibly ever want to know about wombats within these pages. 

Thoughts: I've been a wombat fan ever since I read Jackie French's Diary of a Wombat way back in 2011. Wombats are so cute. But now that I've read Abi Cushman's newest book I know know that wombats are also weird. Wombats Are Pretty Weird is the perfect blend of humor and facts. I love the conversations that take place between Joey the Snake and the other characters. The illustrations are colorful and, dare I say it, cute. This book reminds me of The Truth About...series by Maxwell Eaton III. Kids definitely appreciate a little humor with their facts. I think Wombats Are Pretty Weird will be fun to share with first and second graders. Find an activity guide, bookmark craft, and storytime activity sheets on the author's website here

Themes: Wombats, Elementary 

(Greenwillow Books, 2023.)

No comments: