Friday, October 13, 2023

Wombat by Philip Bunting

From the front flap of the cover: "Burrow into fun with this rhythmic (and rather silly) read-aloud about the secret world of wombats."

Thoughts: What fun! I think this book would go great with Wombats Are Pretty Weird by Abi Cushman. You could start with the picture book and then further explore wombats with the nonfiction title. The rhythm and cadence of the words is great. I would pair Wombat with Orange Pear Apple Bear by Emily Gravett and Red House Tree House Little Bitty Mouse House by Jane Godwin for a storytime that focuses on rhythm and language. The cut paper and digital media illustrations are great and I love how perfectly they match the text. I can't pick a favorite. I would love a coloring sheet of Philip Bunting's Wombat for me and my library kids. 

Themes: Wombats, Australian Animals, Rhyming or Rhythmic Books

(Charlesbridge, 2023). 

No comments: