Monday, October 4, 2021

My Dog Banana by Roxane Brouillard

Just a boy walking his dog. Wait...that's a banana, isn't it? 

Thoughts: What a fun book! When I first saw the cover it immediately reminded me of Peanut by Lisa Alsenas. I think this book will make readers and listeners laugh out loud. I look forward to sharing this book with first and second graders. I think they'll understand the humor a bit more than my under five storytime kids. The illustrations are great. They remind me of illustrations from the 1970s and 1980s. The surprise ending is reminiscent of Bark, George by Jules Feiffer. Fruits and vegetables as pets or friends is an intriguing concept. I can only think of one other book and that is Sophie's Squash by Pat Zietlow Miller.

Themes: Unusual Pets, Dogs, Bananas, Fruit, Silly Books, Elementary 

(Review Copy Provided by Publisher. Illustrated by Giulia Sagramola. Greystone Kids, 2021.)

No comments: