Monday, May 3, 2021

Book's Big Adventure by Adam Lehrhaupt


From the book's point of view, readers get a look at the lifespan of a book. 

Thoughts: As a librarian, I love the idea behind this book. What does happen to a book after it's discarded from the library? I found Book's Big Adventure to be accurate. The illustrations are colorful and detailed. I especially like how Book changes throughout the story. I have the seed of an idea to start a Flat Stanley type photo program with books and their adventures. I think it would work well for summer. The author's note and suggestions of places to donate books extend the story. I look forward to using this book in storytime. Pair with any of the titles listed below for a storytime focused on books, reading, and libraries. 

More Picture Books about Books, Reading, or Libraries

Themes: Books, Libraries, Reading 

(Illustrated by Rahele Jomepour Bell. Simon and Schuster, 2021.)

No comments: