Monday, December 12, 2022

Merry Christmas, Anne by Kallie George


It's Christmastime in Avonlea and Anne is feeling thankful for everything--her first Green Gables Christmas, a dress with puffed sleeves, and beaded slippers. She feels just like the fairy she's supposed to be at the school's Christmas concert. 

Thoughts: Kallie George and Geneviève Godbout are back with another delicious inspired by Anne of Green Gables picture book. This time it's Christmas and this book presents an Avonlea/Green Gables Christmas perfectly. I smiled all the way though the story. For those AOGG fans who have young daughters, these book are just right for introducing the youngest girls to Anne Shirley. The illustrations are soft colored and detailed. I love how Geneviève depicts my favorite characters. This book is not to missed! Find an activity sheet from the publisher here. (Search the page for Anne!) 

Themes: Christmas, Beloved Characters

Other Picture Books by Kallie George about Anne Shirley

Early Chapter Books by Kallie George about Anne Shirley

  • Anne Arrives 
  • Anne's Kindred Spirits 
  • Anne's School Days 
  • Anne's Tragical Tea Party 

(Illustrated by Geneviève Godbout. Tundra, 2021.)

1 comment:

Ms. Yingling said...

THe illustrations make me happy; they coincide with my mental image of Green Gables and of Anne. I was never a big fan of Diana; she always seemed a bit wet, and I wanted someone who was Anne's equal who might suggest good ideas to be her friend. I may have to check some of these out, even though I find myself rather annoyed with Anne as an adult, and even though I don't have any readers to hand these to!