Monday, June 20, 2022

This Is (Not) Enough by Anna Kang


Giving gifts to friends isn't easy. You want them to know how much you value you them. When is a gift enough? 

Thoughts: I get it, I do, Anyone who's ever tried to find the perfect gift for a friend can relate to This Is (Not) Enough. The lengths the characters go to in their searches for the prefect gifts are hilarious. I especially like the knitting (although as a crocheter I must again state the need for more crocheting in children's books). The illustrations are bright and colorful with good use of white space. All the characters are endearing. Now that there's six books in this series, I'd love to plan a book party or special storytime. I only wish more activity kits or pages were available. 

As a librarian, this is my PSA to authors, illustrators, and publishers: We want activities to go along eith your books. Thank you! 

Themes: Gifts, Friends 

Other Books by Anna Kang and Christopher Weyant

(Illustrated by Christopher Weyant. Two Lions, 2022.)

No comments: