Friday, May 6, 2022

Redlocks and the Three Bears by Claudia Rueda

Wait a minute! I thought this was supposed to be a story about Goldilocks. Who is Redlocks? 

Thoughts: What a fabulous book! I love the mixture of three different fairy tales (Goldilocks and the Three Bears, Little Red Riding Hood, and The Three Little Pigs). I wonder if Claudia selected these specific fairy tales because she thought children would be most familiar with them. The text is simple and easy to follow. The illustrations are soft colored and engaging. I like the mixture of illustration styles, the use of white space, and the pages where you feel like you're inside the book with the characters. Fairy tales are one of my favorite types of books and I can't wait to add this one to my next fairy tale themed storytime. 

Pair Redlocks and the Three Bears with any of the following for a great storytime! 

Red Riding Hood Books 

Three Little Pigs Books

Goldilocks Books

Fractured Fairy Tales 

Download an activity kit from the publisher's website here

Themes: Fairy Tales

(Chronicle Books, 2021.)

No comments: