Friday, October 15, 2021

Outside, Inside by LeUyen Pham


A look back at the changes the  COVID-19 pandemic brought to the world both outside and in. 

Thoughts: Such a timely book! Outside, Inside is a great way to start a discussion with the youngest children about the pandemic. Simple text is paired with lovely illustrations. The illustrations are so detailed I found my self going back to look at them several times. I often say that when we find ourselves on the other side of this pandemic (and we're not there yet) I think we need to have some way to remember what life was like then. This book definitely fits the bill. I could see myself sharing Outside, Inside at such an event where we share stories from the time and have a favorite mask show and tell. I know parents, grandparents, and teachers will find this book to be useful. 

(Roaring Brook Press, 2021.)

No comments: