Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Tiny Monsters by Steve Jenkins & Robin Page


Steve Jenkins and Robin Page explore twenty-four tiny bugs "that live on us, in us, and around us." 

Thoughts: As usual, any nonfiction from Jenkins and Page does not disappoint. Simple informative text is paired with vibrant, detailed illustrations. There's a definite gross factor and I think that's one of the main reasons this book will appeal the the students in the first and second grade classrooms I visit. Looking forward to adding it to my outreach book rotation. 

Themes: Elementary 

Other Books by Steve Jenkins and Robin Page I've reviewed: 

Books by Steve Jenkins that I love to use when I visit schools that I haven't reviewed: 

  • Actual Size 
  • Prehistoric Actual Size
  • What Do You Do with a Tail Like This? 
  • Living Color
  • Never Smile at a Monkey
  • I See a Kookaburra! 

(Illustrated by Steve Jenkins. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2020.)

No comments: