Friday, March 19, 2021

The Beak Book by Robin Page


The Beak Book blends simple text with striking illustrations to introduce children to just a few of the myriad ways different birds use their beaks. 

Thoughts: I love finding nonfiction that is informative, engaging, and short enough to share with the youngest kids in my storytimes. The Beak Book ticks all those boxes. This will be a great addition to my birds storytime. I also look forward to sharing this book with elementary students when I visit their classrooms. Page's digital illustrations are reminiscent of cut paper collage. The birds are bright and bold and she makes excellent use of white space. Extra information at the end includes where the birds live, what they eat, and their relative size compared to a human. 

Themes: Birds, Elementary 

(Beach Lane Books, 2021.)

No comments: