Friday, October 23, 2020

You Don't Want a Dragon! by Ame Dyckman


You think a dragon would make a great pet. You're wrong. And here's why. 

Thoughts: Ame Dyckman's follow-up to You Don't Want a Unicorn! is just as funny. I love the ending. It was so unexpected. I won't ruin it for you. I can hear kids laughing out loud when they read this book. The voice of the narrator is just so droll. The illustrations are bright and colorful. My favorite is when the dragon gets ginormous. I look forward to pairing this with other dragon books and other unusual pet books. There have been several books about dragons as pets as well. I like to use dragons as a storytime theme in January around Appreciate a Dragon Day which is January 16. 

Themes: Unusual Pets, Dragons, Elementary

(Illustrated by Liz Climo. Little, Brown and Company, 2020.)

No comments: