Monday, June 22, 2020

Write! Write! Write! Poems by Amy Ludwig Vanderwater


Amy Ludwig Vanderwater's newest poetry collection is a celebration of writing. Twenty-two poems explore all aspects of writing from a child's point of view. 

Thoughts: Writing is one of my favorite things so I've been looking forward to Write! Write! Write!. The poems celebrate both the act and craft of writing as well as children. The poems touch on things kids can relate to like crazy socks, state reports, and essays. I can't wait to share some with kids when I visit schools in the fall. My favorite poems are "Our Alphabet," "How to Begin," "If I Were an Octopus," "Writing about Reading," "Revision Is" Writing Is for Everyone," "Now," "The Pen," "Truth," and "One Wish." The illustrations are colorful and fun. My favorites are the cover, the octopus, and "Writing about Reading." I like that different types of poems are included. I'm especially fond of list poems. 

Don't miss Read! Read! Read! Poems by Amy Ludwig Vanderwater! 

(Illustrated by Ryan O'Rourke. Wordsong, 2020.)

No comments: