Monday, June 8, 2020

Hound Won't Go by Lisa Rogers



Taking Hound for a walk should be easy. And it is...until he won't go. 

Thoughts: Brief rhyming text paired with vibrant, colorful illustrations make this book a hit. I especially love Hound's expressions. Anyone who has ever owned a dog has had a moment like this. It made me laugh. The short text is lyrical. I'd like to use this book with my traffic light prop on the flannel board. 

Themes: Dogs, Storms, Transportation 


(Illustrated by Meg Ishihara. Albert Whitman & Company, 2020.)

2 comments:

Lisa Rogers said...

Hi Bridget! Thanks for featuring HOUND WON'T GO on your blog! I'm glad this book made you laugh--it makes me laugh every time I read it, too! I love the idea of using it in a storytime with the flannel board!
Best wishes,
Lisa Rogers

Bridget R. Wilson said...

Lisa, you're very welcome!