Friday, March 13, 2020

Llamas with Lemonade: An Unusual Animal ABC by Ariana Koultourides



An alliterative animal ABC board book filled with charming illustrations.

Thoughts: This book is cute and larger than the average board book so it will be easy to share with big crowds at storytime. I like that the animals and the things they have alliterate. It adds extra interest to the story. I could see myself asking kids what else could the deer have that begins with the letter d and so on. The illustrations are simple and the text is large. I look forward to other books from this author/illustrator. I can also see myself using this book as a writing prompt for elementary or homeschooled students. For example write me a story about a hedgehog with a hat.

Themes: Animals, Alphabet, Elementary

(Annick Press, 2019.)

No comments: